Wednesday, February 8, 2012

According to His mercy

Titus 3:5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.


We have a global culture based on behavior and performance. Even my worth as a mom is supposedly based on what I get done and how I do it. Even if you don't have a moral code dictated by religion, you come up with one anyway just to feel virtuous. Save the whales, save the trees, be kind to poor people...be fit.


 I'm so excited that when Jesus looks at me, He sees my worth outside of my performance. There is something in me that was valuable enough to die for. When I worry about my failure to achieve everything on my checklist, I remember that the Holy Spirit and Jesus are thrilled to walk with me through the process of sanctification and maturity. There are promises on the other side for me. And it isn't dependent on my getting the laundry done. :)

1 comment:

  1. Really? Jesus loves me even with dirty laundry? ;) lol! I love your words. :)

    ReplyDelete