Sunday, June 5, 2016

Momentum


Eben has transitioned to a bigger bike. He had a little Red Rider that didn't have pedals and he'd balance and coast along like no one's business. This new bike has pedals and no training wheels. I'm trying to tell him that he has to be moving to balance. He needs momentum. 

“fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:2 NASB
http://bible.com/100/heb.12.2.nasb

Sometimes in our efforts to hear God, please God, follow God...we forget to do life. All throughout the Bible, God encountered people while they were doing things. David was tending sheep, Saul was finding donkeys, Peter and John were fishing. 
Don't get me wrong. I'm a mountaintop person. My ideal getaway location is a cabin in Alaska with only airplane access. 
And it's ok to find a clear spot to listen. In fact, I find it imperative. But I can't forget that He is with me in the day to day. I can get through the day to day, because Im learning to dream. To build. I created a generation, and it's growing, with or without me. 
The coolest part is that in the waiting, the growing, the building, the dreaming...I can have joy. I can get through the hard stuff because He's walking with me. He's meeting me and I'm meeting Him.I think this is one of the things Jesus thought of when He endured the Cross; unhindered friendship with His creation. Nothing to keep us from His love. No sin. No shame. Just the walk with joy. Now that's heaven on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment