Saturday, June 4, 2016

Deep Wells

“"For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, The fountain of living waters, To hew for themselves cisterns, Broken cisterns That can hold no water.”
Jeremiah 2:13 NASB
http://bible.com/100/jer.2.13.nasb

Most of the time we see sin as the problem. But it's not. Sin is the solution. We had a problem, and we solved it our own way. 

Beginning with Adam and Eve, we've sought to solve our problems ourselves. We are trying to be like God without God. But we can't. It's a long, slow death, because we were designed to be connected to Him. 

I'd always been taught that my sin made God pull away from me. That's a lie. Nothing can separate me from the love of God. What can happen is that I let my shame or my pride make ME pull away. It's like potty training a toddler that doesn't want to poop in the potty. You realize you haven't heard he or she in quite a while, and you know they are somewhere hidden, pooping. It's not the poop that separated you from them, it was their realization about the poop. ☺️

Don't hide with your poop. Don't focus on it. Just bring it to God and flush it. Nothing separates us from Him. Nothing. We can come boldly before the throne of grace and talk to our Daddy. And nothing satisfies like Him. There's more to be had. Always more. Further up and further in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment