Friday, May 2, 2014

The Responsibility of Sight

There is a blessing in knowing the process of God. Because now you can cooperate. -Graham Cooke

I constantly ask God for eyes to see and ears to hear, but I've discovered that those senses comes with added responsibility. As do all His gifts. ;) I am hugely big picture. Often I think of the Church in the sense of the Bride, Big C Church. I have a high value for balance, so if a local body is leaning to one side I push to the other. Only I know what I'm doing so obviously it creates confusion in everyone else.

In maturing, it can be exceptionally difficult to know what to do with the tools He gives us. For myself, I don't always do the right thing with what I see. Most of the time He's wanting me to view it as an invitation to pray with Him. Instead I put my stick in and stir.

Recently something came up that offers big changes. All the variables are in place. It could be epicly big. Does it get me excited? Sometimes. Mostly it scares the shit out of me. Today I'm discouraged and I feel like an idiot. Yesterday I felt amazingly hopeful.

So I was trying to pray and I remembered how the spies were sent into Canaan to assess the land. Joshua and Caleb saw abundance and prosperity, and the other spies saw giants. The people listened to the ten spies and had to wander forty more years in the wilderness.

Graham Cooke says the forerunner spirit searches the earth for those who want to go in front. I realized that all twelve spies were forerunners! They all went ahead of the people! They all saw the same land, but only two chose to focus on what God wanted them to see.

So what I see in front of me is huge, but it is up to me if I choose to look at the abundance or the giants.

I'm going to choose to look at the Promise. And really, it gets easy when I remember I have a huge Lion padding by my side. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment