Friday, August 30, 2013

My Shack

A couple years ago I read The Shack. I loved it. I thought of it today as the Holy Spirit was poking at me. I love that the main character was pulled away and hidden while God worked on his heart.

God talks to me in dreams a lot. I think because my brain is finally quiet and He can speak directly to my squishy insides. I also see pictures. Not quite visions, more like God inspired imagination. Not normally something I could come up with myself, but if I'm in the questioning mood which is often, I see if it aligns with what I know of God's heart.

Today I saw a picture of Jesus in a shack. At first He looked like a little granny, knitting. Then He grins at me and I realize it's Jesus, in a dress, knitting. I look at his hands and He's knitting scraps of a silky, vibrant substance together.

It's my heart.

While Jesus knits, I'm sitting on a windowseat, looking out. There's a meadow with horses grazing. Jesus looks at me and says, "Soon. You're going to get to go out and play." I explode into tears of joy and longing.

That place, that shack, feels so precious and quiet. I'm not sure what Jesus is doing in it, but I'm so glad to be hidden.

There's a place for you, too. A hidden place that Jesus wants to pull you away to and sing a song just for you.



“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.” -CSLewis

No comments:

Post a Comment