Tuesday, June 11, 2013

No Worries

I was explaining to my husband last week that although I didn't think I was stressed, my body kept saying I was. My stomach had been upset for three days straight. Adam said, "Jess, you ARE stressed. You have a lot to be stressed about." Then he listed everything. Yeah, that wasn't helpful. 

I thought that since I wasn't mentally fretting about what is going on with my life currently, I must be at peace. Evidently not. My heart and my body were my filthy, evil betrayers. :)

I think God wants me to pray more. Last week the Holy Spirit seemed to illuminate Philippians 4:6-7 and then broke it down into four parts. I needed baby steps. ;)

 6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all [a]comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Step 1. Don't be anxious. Do not worry. AT ALL.

Step 2. Pray. Supplicate. Supplication just means to bring it before Jesus and entreat Him to act on your behalf. 

Step 3. With Thanksgiving. You don't have to be thankful for everything, but in everything. Maintain an attitude of thankfulness. Look for the little things. 

Step 4. Rest in the promise of peace. He promises that peace beyond our ability to perceive or understand would be given to us. To guard our heart and our mind.
(Don't argue yourself out of it. If you get a feeling of peace, just be ok with it. Don't look for more to worry about.)

Sooo...that's what I've been working on. Obviously I'm not terrific at it yet, because my tummy is upset again today. I'm going to post this and work on a little supplication. A bath and this verse might be helpful too. ;)

1 Timothy 5:23 No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment