Monday, August 15, 2016

In The Stillness

There are many times in my day and night that the world seems to slow, and I become aware of me. The quiet, my mood, my heartbeat, my fear. Lately, every time I arrive at that place I feel anxiety, and then I hear, Fear Not. 

I want to live fearlessly. I used to wake in the middle of the night feeling dread. I thought it was all the things I'd procrastinated, but as I've matured and stopped procrastinating, the feeling has remained. I know that's the enemy, and he had no right to my mind or my sleep. I want to train myself to know my heartbeat, but to hear His in the steadiness of the quiet. A little like touching the railing while walking down a stair case. It's there, ready for me. 

“For as the waters fill the sea, the earth will be filled with an awareness of the glory of the LORD.”
Habakkuk 2:14 NLT
http://bible.com/116/hab.2.14.nlt

This is a promise. God plans to fill the earth with an awareness of Him. I want to be walking in that awareness, and be a railing for others. Ready. Still. An echo of the Fathers heartbeat. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment