Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Company Clean

Yesterday was my main housecleaning day. I managed to get fifty percent done. We are rather a messy family, and I definitely have to put effort into having the house clean before company comes over. I'm teaching the kids to clean, and often it feels like more work than the actual job. 😉
I was thinking about how so many of us practice a type of confession before taking communion. Or repent at some point during a church service. These things are always important, yet I wonder if it's like cleaning house for company. Is that the first time this week we asked His opinion on something? Jesus, just a second. I gotta pick up a few things. 

It's actually a little funny. I mean, the King is IN US. He has already made us righteous. He's right there while we pick up the clothes off the floor and rinse out the sink. He's waiting for a conversation in the middle of Life. He's our good friend, our spouse, our brother, our father, our source. Our constant. 

If we are sinning during the week, why? Did we make Him Lord or not? Even better, what is that sin offering that satisfies us? Those are the questions He's asking. What's going on? In your heart? I've got a thought about that. Let's talk. 

Jesus is not about crime and punishment. That's our legal system. This is the New Covenant and Jesus is all about restoration and relationship. Stop cleaning for company and let Him live life with you. 😘❤️🌱

No comments:

Post a Comment